Gotham Project, the Batman superyacht!
Gotham Project is a 46 m long aluminum superyacht with a rather radical design reminiscent of the Batman universe (as the name suggests). In addition to its bold exterior design, it has many features presented as unique by the Icon Yacht yard.
Imagined by the Dutch shipyard Icon Yacht and the brokerage company Bristow-Holmes in 2015, at the Monaco Yacht Show, the yacht has just begun its construction at the Bloemsma shipyard in Makkum, the Netherlands. The delivery is scheduled for June 2019 and the keel is laid in October 2017.
The « Gotham Project » is a superyacht with bold styling and many innovations. The exterior and interior design was realized by Ivan Erdevicki, Canadian naval architect, specialist in the design of luxury superyachts from 30 to 130 m. The original concept was awarded at the International Yacht & Aviation Awards organized by Design et al magazine with the « Best Concept Best ConceptDesign » award for yachts of 50 m and above.
Five outdoor living spaces
The Gotham Project presents five distinct outdoor areas, all dedicated to an activity:
- The rear swim platform incorporates a recessed bar module (in the wall) that unfolds to enjoy a welcome drink or refresh during the practice of water sports.
- The back of the cockpit is particularly spacious with a large U-shaped settee to accommodate up to 16 people.
- A sunbathing area on the front with a swimming pool.
- A large flybridge with a central staircase to the sundeck, two symmetrically placed bars to port and starboard, two U-shaped benches with two hydraulic tables that rise and fall to form a very large bathing area. Sun.
- A sundeck with a living room / dining room for 16 people and two glass tables that allow to pass the sunlight, which itself is reflected through glass panels installed on the floor of the sundeck to illuminate the living room. This space also turns into a dance floor.
superyacht gotham project
An interior with « unique aspects »
Like the exterior, the interior was meticulously designed by the Canadian architect, who himself collaborated with the owner to offer him « unique » fittings:
- A complete audiovisual system throughout the ship, from the retractable external speakers to the cinema room with ambient light.
- A wine cellar on the lower deck (according to the yard, Gotham Project would be the first vessel under 60 m to own one).
- A spacious owner’s cabin over the full width of the boat with glass ceiling, private office, spacious walk-in shower and lighting
- Side-loading tender garage and gym
- Accommodation for up to 10 people in 5 cabins
- Independent crew access to lower deck for privacy
- A spacious kitchen and laundry room with large capacity refrigerator and freezer for a long cruise.
- A state of the art naval architecture
The designer worked in collaboration with the naval architects Van Oossanen, who developed a patented Vane hull, increasing boat efficiency by 20% (range and performance). It is by now the second largest yacht built with this technology. It will reach the maximum speed of 24.5 knots with two engines MTU 2000 CH (propulsion in tree line) and will have a range of 2950 miles. Thanks to the naval architecture developed by Van Oossanen, Icon Yacht announces a reduced fuel consumption of 15 to 20% and an additional speed of 1.5 knots for a yacht of the same size. Gotham Project is presented as « a yacht really unique and an exciting project, which required to develop something new and different « by its designers.
See all the services of Monsieur Alfred monsieur-alfred.fr
You need assistance for your yacht firstname.lastname@example.org